My Blog List

Monday, October 17, 2011

blog #4

The mere mist realities of The Matrix and Oedipus the kings were unimaginable for both charters. Were for instance these two text reveals the nature of ignorance in these two cases ended up almost detrimental for both characters. Reality isn’t what you think it is you could be trapped in a world full of illusion and don’t even know it. In the allegory of the cave According to Plato his decree is the world is nothing but shadows of imperfect manifestations of forms. To shed some light on his acknowledge.  Life is flawed and we must not judge or act based on what we think we should act, we should act according to the truth.
  Therefore in the matrix the truth is revealed when NEO is forced to take make a decision when he takes the pill or not. His curiosity led him to face the consequences of his decision. What was revealed to him was the ugly dystopia of the world he saw. Similar to the matrix, Oedipus the king also based his decision based on his curiosity. His urged to know the truth about how he became king; his mother was so painful even though he didn’t want to face reality he had to. The worst part about facing the truth is accepting it and for both characters it led to destruction (the world flawed with imperfections).  
 Many inferences can be derived from both the movie and the text which also gives a parallel meaning to realty VS illusions. In my own personal experience it is very easy to get caught up in an illusion in fact this illusion is everywhere. My unrealistic nature tends to get a hold of me. I went it into the store one day to get a bracelet I couldn’t afford any way long story short I got it. not realizing the consequences that my credit card bill went up. my bracelet broke and the cost to pay for it was more than the orginal cost of the bracelet was more. My ignorance led me to this action which is depiction of ignorance is bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment