My Blog List

Monday, September 19, 2011

My unrealistic cave of the past

The cave and I

      I remember as if it was yesterday, I left milk and cookies under the Christmas tree and not to mention a big stoking foot for my gift. I woke up the next morning sprinting towards the Christmas tree and  I checked everywhere there was no gift so I went to my next door to ask my friend if she had gotten anything from Santa. As a child you were grow up believing in many things that seems a  unrealistic. As you become aware of yourself, you grow up believing many things whether they are real or not a child's your curiosity is bigger than  what you think of reality.  I used to watch  movies that depicted this man they called Santa and my belief was that he  would come on Christmas eve  with gifts for all the little  boys and all the little girls, you couldn’t be naughty you  had to be nice. When I learned that being good  was all  you had to do the next year I made sure I was good. My belief was that there was a Santa and that he would come on Christmas Eve bearing gifts for me because I was good all year long.My friend next door  burst out into to laughter and said that there is no such thing as Santa and he was just someone they made for kids to like Christmas. I was so disappointed. When I returned home my brother came to me and said that he had gotten a gift for me ( it wasn't from Santa) I was very happy. Today as an adult you compare your childhood past and you come to realize that there are so many things as a child you believe in when reality their just fantasies these are illusions. Instead of looking at life through rose colored glasses wake up and take a step into reality. My  advice to  everyone to is find out more about whats out there in the world, there might be new things that gives you different experiences. The lesson I have learned from this is the world isn't what it really is and the best way to go through life is by experiencing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment